- September 23, 2017
- June 28, 2017
- February 6, 2018
- A quality set of headphones. They look slick. Both music and gaming sound great on these. Max volume depending on input isn't crazy loud coming from the Mom side but loud enough to enjoy on any user side. The microphone has good clear quality sound compared to higher-end sets. Comfort level is good. Audio cable hook-up so you are able to use on mobile devices as well. Some users complained about the USB power for lights, however, if you had battery operated you would complain they are too heavy. I am happy with these.
- April 15, 2018
It’s no wonder why this gaming headset has so many rave reviews. Comfortable on the ears, great sound quality, crystal clear mic, and rad blue lights. To be fair, I’m not a fan of too much show. However, these headphones are nice looking and are easy on the eyes.
The lights are powered by the USB cable that’s attached. If you’re not a fan, go ahead and unplug it from your computer. This is a great feature to have when it’s 12AM and your wife is trying to sleep. Don’t want to disturb her with the lights? No problem. Which brings me to my next point…
The closed ear headphones work well at keeping sound cupped. This means little to no sound leaks from the earphones. Granted, I don’t have the volume blasted at max. And you shouldn’t either - that’s just bad for your ears. But 30-40% volume is plenty to hear footsteps and which direction gunshots are being fired.
The mic is also great. I love how it flips back into the headset. And, according to my teammates, my voice is clear. I’ll just have to take their word for it.
Lastly, the earphones are comfortable. I’ve gone 5 hours of straight gaming in them without discomfort. Some of you might say - only 5 hours? Listen - I’ve got a toddler. I’m lucky to have even 30 minutes to game on some days. These headphones work fine.
That’s all I got. I’m happy I bought this headset instead of the higher priced ones at electronic stores.
- December 10, 2017
- Josh F
- May 19, 2018
This is a pretty decent headset, the design is very pleasing to the eyes and the quality is fantastic! I was worried I would have to pay an arm and a leg for a good quality product but this one was easy on the wallet! The inline volume and mute controls are great as well!
One thing to note is that the USB connection is NOT for audio, just to power the LEDs in the headset. You still need to plug in the 3.5mm jack to your PC/laptop/console, etc. If you can't get the microphone to work, you probably need to use the included adapter to split the one plug into two and connect them to the appropriate jacks on your PC.
And finally, the sound is a bit hollow out of the box. I would recommend messing with the equalizer settings to find the sweet spot for your taste!
- Deb H.
- December 22, 2017
- Bought two headsets as Christmas gifts but gave to my teenage sons early. My 17-year old was on his 3rd Turtle Beach set and it broke again after about a year. I decided to take a chance on this brand based on reviews. They are both impressed with the sound quality and the comfort. I was happy with the price. They seem to be more sturdy than the Turtle Beach brand so we will see in time.
- May 21, 2018
Sound quality testing:
- lowest (bass) range is around 45 -200 Hz, should be 20.
- Treble cuts out around 15100 Hz range should be 20,000 Hz.
- Does not rattle when introduced to a high bass.
- Drivers in left and right headphone are equal. making sound clear and central.
Overall. pretty good listening quality. But not quite at pro level. around a 4/5
- can not control when lights are on or off
- mic is short ( has a reach of 3 inches) and can not be bent. Only having a up and down movement capability.
- headphone adjustability is short as well. each side being able to extend individually up to 1 inch.
- Padding is very comforatable.
- Completely plastic aside from adjustability clip and padding.
- cord extends to slightly under 6 feet when taught.
- sound control scroll is limited and not very loud at max volume.
These headphones are really good for the price. aside from an uncomforatable mic and not being able to have it light up constantly I enjoy these very much. better suited for young teens than an adult though. overall 3.8/5 headphones.
lastly to add on. the sound starts to cut out within a week, then only continues to get worse.