- Brent in Tampa
- July 15, 2018
I've been riding motorcycles for over 30 years and I currently ride a 2018 Harley Davidson street glide. For the most part I've always worn traditional boots when I ride. Some were work boots and some were "riding" boots. Recently I went back in to my dealer for a visit and I noticed my salesman was wearing leather Converse high tops and I questioned him about them. He said him and his friends have been wearing Converse high tops while riding for years so I decided to give them a try. Long story short I did not like them and sent them back. To me they gave little support and as always they are not the easiest shoe to put on or take off. That is when I started doing some research on motorcycle shoes and come across these.
Now Bates Taser's are labled as a motorcycle boot but I would consider them more of a high top shoe. After more research I thought I would give these a try and I'm really glad I did. These are very comfortable to wear, easy to put on and take off and are true to size. I normaly wear a size 11 in traditional boots as to make them easier to put on and 10.5 in shoes. I say true to size but really they are a tad bigger for a shoe which is one reason they are easy to put on. I went riding yesterday in the 95 degree Florida heat for about 150 miles and the shoes never got real hot on my feet. What I really love is the shoe has great support and amazing grip on the road and this with my wife on the back of the bike.
Now don't get me wrong these shoes will never protect your foot as well as a big heavy riding boot but if you are looking for good support, a great look and a much better chance of protecting your foot then a sneaker will this is a great choice. Two big selling points was at the time I purchased them was they are mostly waterproof and were selling for less then a hundred bucks. Many others I looked at were much higher in price. I also like that they are comfortable to walk around in when I get off the bike. Hope this review helps in making a choice and please ride safe!
BTW - make sure you put the laces in a double knot when riding.
- Michael M.
- March 7, 2018
True to size, comfortable and looks like a normal shoe off the bike
*UPDATE* So after 5 months the stitching on these actually popped open. I contacted Bates customer service, and after a series of emails (including pics of the issue which I believe was a manufacturing defect), they were super helpful, friendly and sent me a replacement pair at no cost to me. This is the kind of service that will make me a fan and customer for life. Would definitely recommend based on the experience with the company
- September 4, 2018
- Whoever designed these boots has never ridden a motorcycle, and Bates couldn't be bothered to test them before producing them. There is a free flap right where the shifter is, and it catches every single upshift. There are also cutouts right where the boots should sit on the pegs. It is awkward resting a curved surface on a flat peg. These are literally unsafe to ride with.
- Nick Z.
- June 12, 2017
- Fit is narrow and undersize, should buy half size bigger.
- June 28, 2018
- Easy on and off. Don't recommend for cold days, not warm enough has been my experience.
- VIP Solutions & Servicess LLC
- July 27, 2018
- Don’t believe the reviews you have seen. This is one of the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever worn.
- July 31, 2017
- They run big
- November 8, 2018
- Very comfortable boot. The wedge sole is perfect for riding.